The work of La Chaîne de l’Espoir is reliant on the trust our donors place in us. We therefore maintain a high level of transparency when it comes to managing our funds. Read about our kite marks and commitments.
Five ways of raising funds
- Collecting donations from members of the public (apart from bequests): finding individual donors or patrons.
- Private partnerships : funding from businesses for our major projects, operations in France or educational support.
- Private or public institutional partnerships : help from national or international institutions and foundations.
- Bequests, life insurance policies and donations : explaining the idea to donors and establishing a relationship with them.
- Communications and publicity : taking part in broadcasts, television appearances and charitable events.
2013 Budget: €19.7M
Our work is wholly funded by donations and bequests from the public. Funding from private and institutional partners (“dedicated funding”) is used to finance specific care, educational and medical equipment programmes or hospital projects.