Monday 5 November will remain forever in the memories in Kabul. Eight years after the inauguration of the first Afghan Children’s House, a Children’s Pavilion opened up its doors after months of intensive work.
Many distinguished guests were present :
- His Excellency, François Richier, Ambassador of France in Kabul,
- Country Director of Agence Française de Developpement, Jocelyn Leveneur
- Representatives from the cabinet of her Excellency Mrs. Rula Ghani, Afghanistan First Lady,
- The Minister of Public Health,
- The members of the Board of Directors of FMIC,
- Dr Eric Cheysson, chairman of La Chaîne de l’Espoir.
The Afghanistan First Lady was unable to attend the event but she nevertheless sent a congratulating video message to show her support for the cause of Afghan children. Her message came along with a large cake for the many little patients and their families who attended the ceremony.
Many representatives of partner organisations of the Children’s Pavilion also attended the inauguration.
Guests were able to visit the 15 bedrooms included in the new facilities which can accommodate 43 patients, of which 8 women and 4 newborns requiring gynaeco-obstetric and neonatal care at the future FMIC Mother and Child Centre.
We would like to thank our financial partners.