- To introduce contemporary surgical techniques and offer the Afghan population access to high quality care.
- To contribute to the reconstruction of the Afghan healthcare system.
The first essential component of this extension, obstetrics and gynaecology, will be in the form of an additional three-level wing off the existing building. Work began in April 2013 with a projected opening date in the fall of 2016.
The Mother and Child Centre offers women and infants access to a technical platform including:
- 6 delivery rooms
- 52 inpatient beds
- 2 dedicated operating theatres
- 1 post-anaesthesia care unit
- 1 adult intensive care unit
- 1 unit with 14 neonatology beds for intensive care, critical care and neonatal medicine
- 1 emergency department extension
- 1 diagnosis unit extension (laboratory, blood bank, radiology and MRI)
La Chaîne de l’Espoir provides medical training in Kabul via missions during which doctors run theory and practice training sessions.
A referral centre in the management of pregnancy, physiological birth, and obstetrical conditions and emergencies
A referral centre for specialists, midwives and paramedics
A training centre for medical students