- Improve V.V. Vakhidov Centre’s neonatal and paediatric cardiac care unit.
- Promote specialised training in paediatric cardiac surgery.
- Examine and operate on children with heart malformations on-site.
- Operate on children with complex conditions in France.
- April 2015 : an exploratory mission has been carried out by La Chaîne de l’Espoir to assess needs regarding V.V. Vakhidov Centre’s medical staff training.
- June 2015 : a training mission was carried out by Professor Olivier Baron, a cardiac surgeon at Nantes Teaching Hospital, Doctor Catherine Amrein, an anaesthetist/intensivist, and Doctor Pierre Hélardot, a paediatric visceral surgeon. Training courses focussed on paediatric cardiac surgery.
- December 2015 : a consultation mission supervised by Professor Olivier Baron took place. 20 patients were examined and 8 patients with heart malformations underwent surgery.