- Organise and fund transfers of sick children to France so they can receive the best possible care.
- Support local health centres by providing medical supplies.
- Help training local practitioners via the implementation of programmes preparing to the Postgraduate Degree in Paediatric Surgery (PGD PS).
- Since 2013, 8 Guinean children have been flown to France and underwent surgery in the best possible conditions. Cared for by host families and operated on by renowned surgeons, our young Guinean patients went back home in good health.
- La Chaîne de l’Espoir provides material support to Donka Teaching Hospital in Conakry by sending medical supplies and essential disposable goods on a regular basis.
- Throughout its history, La Chaîne de l’Espoir has always put the emphasis on training local health professionals so that patients can benefit from medical expertise and quality care in their home country. This is why we are supporting Guinean paediatric surgeons’ training for the Postgraduate Degree in Paediatric Surgery. We show our support by arranging theoretical and practical training missions in Guinea and granting scholarships to future paediatricians.
Guinean is part of the ECHOES programme launched by La Chaîne du Savoir. It is a remote echocardiography training programme: a Guinean practitioner benefits from the expertise of a paediatric cardiology expert based in France or anywhere else in the world via an online platform.