About La Chaîne de l’Espoir
La Chaîne de l'Espoir (LCDE) is a French non-for-profit association founded by Professor Alain Deloche in 1994 and currently chaired by Doctor Eric Cheysson. This international aid association is independent and impartial. It works in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. La Chaîne de l'Espoir was formed by a network of medical and surgical expertise. As a key player in the health sector, it is committed to providing medical treatment and education to children who need it most. It also supports the health systems in the countries in which it intervenes, by building and equipping structures adapted to the local context.
LCDE in Iraq
LCDE is implementing programmes in Sinjar that aim at rebuilding the healthcare system that was previously destroyed, contributing to the early recovery and stabilization of Sinjar District.
The 1st programme aims at supporting the primary health care centre of Sinjar by building and equipping an operation theatre. A second phase (yet to be launched) consists in recruiting and managing a team to run the operation theatre.
The 2nd programme aims at building the Sinjar French Medical Institute (a modular hospital). The SFMI will provide health care to men, women and children of all ages. It includes a mother and child unit, and will also be designed to include outpatient consultations, medical imaging, a laboratory, a pharmacy as well as the hospital's first logistics and energy premises.
All programmes are supported by the Iraqi Ministry of Health (MOH) and the French Government through its Centre of Crisis and Support (CDCS). The SFMI programme is also supported by the Madad Fund of the European Union for the equipment.
General scope of the position
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator is responsible for managing accountancy, financial and budget related activities, processing human resources administrative tasks and handling procedures related to LCDE agreement in Iraq. S.He ensures compliance with laws and regulations, LCDE’ procedures, donors’ requirements and any other applicable regulation.
Under the management of the General coordinator for operations, s.he may be assisted by an assistant if needs be.
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator works under the technical supervision of, and in close coordination with the headquarter team in Paris, mainly the accounting, financial control and institutional funding services. S.He also maintain regular communication with the programmes coordinator.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator handles the following activities.
1 - Accounting management and monitoring
- Submit bank and cash journals to the headquarter on monthly basis;
- Control accounting entries and cost allocations;
- Prepare monthly financial statements;
- Manage monthly accounting closure;
- Support the general coordinator for operation regarding bank reconciliation and cash inventory;
- Prepare treasury forecast for the country office, submit them for validation to the general coordinator for operations, and transfer them to the headquarter;
- Control the eligibility of vouchers and supporting documents;
- Ensure that suppliers’ invoices and payments are properly followed;
- Send to the headquarter monthly accounting work along with the supporting documents.
2 - Budget and financial follow-up
- Participate in the elaboration of the operational project budgets, including all activities;
- Prepare budget follow-ups and budget forecasts for projects, activities and donor’s contributions (private or public);
- Participate in the budget follow-up meetings with the general coordinator for operations and the general coordinator for infrastructure;
- Assist in the budget revision exercise;
- Know and master donor’s contract for relevant costs allocation and compliance with the regulations related to the budgets (with the support of the institutional funding service in headquarter).
3 - Human resources and administrative management
- Contribute to negotiate contracts (purchasing, rents, etc.) in coordination with the logistics coordinator, the general coordinator for operations and the general coordinator for infrastructure;
- Elaborate contracts, submit them to the general coordinator for operations and/or the general coordinator for infrastructure and handle administrative follow-up;
- Establish and maintain individual personnel folders, for national and international staff, according to the national labour and tax laws as well as LCDE procedures, including formalities linked to recruitment;
- Elaborate monthly payroll and payslips, contribution declarations, taxes and any other formality related to income, rights and taxes, and submit them for validation to the general coordinator for operations;
- In collaboration with the general coordinator for operations, handle all necessary procedures to ensure LCDE compliance, especially with national laws and regulations, and all other regulations applicable within the framework of LCDE’s activities;
- Alert on any external regulation changes that may affect activities or LCDE presence in Iraq;
- Collaborate with the lawyer in writing letters and synthesis. Eventually facilitate communication between LCDE lawyer in Iraq and LCDE head office in France;
- Elaborate the administrative and financial sections of the internal monthly report and submit them for validation to the general coordinator for operations;
- Ensure physical and digital archiving as per LCDE standards, for all administrative and financial documents of the country office;
- Submit, to the general coordinator for operations, regular and update information on achievements and challenges met;
- Contribute in audit and control exercises, whether internal or external, as well as in the implementation of the accepted recommendations;
- Draft and consolidate qualitative reports, and participate in the elaboration of external reports (for donors, authorities, etc.) starting from projects’ and partners’ data.
University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, project management or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably within and international NGO.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of Kurdish is desirable.
- French is an asset.
- Adherence to humanitarian principle and LCDE’s code of ethics;
- Knowledge of institutional donors’ funding;
- Patience, flexibility and capacity of adaptation;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Rigour, analysis and synthesis capability;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Package;
- Knowledge of Saga is a plus;
- Capacity to travel, especially to Sinjar;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated capacities to work with colleagues;
- Stress management, ability to manage fatigue and set limits.
- National, 12 months full time contract. Possibility of renewal.
- Salary range: according to profile and experience
- Position based in Erbil with mission to Sinjar.
How to apply
Applications comprising a cover letter and a CV with at least two references should be addressed to LCDE recruitment team with the subject “Recruitment LCDE – Admin/Finance/HR coordinator-Iraq”, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline for application: 23/07/2020Postulez