About La Chaîne de l’Espoir:
La Chaîne de l'Espoir (LCDE) is a French non-for-profit association founded by Professor Alain Deloche in 1994 and currently chaired by Doctor Eric Cheysson. This international aid association is independent and impartial. It works in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. La Chaîne de l'Espoir was formed by a network of medical and surgical expertise. As a key player in the health sector, it is committed to providing medical treatment and education to children who need it most. It also supports the health systems in the countries in which it intervenes, by building and equipping structures adapted to the local context.
LCDE in Iraq:
LCDE is implementing programmes in Sinjar that aim at rebuilding the healthcare system that was previously destroyed, contributing to the early recovery and stabilization of Sinjar District.
The 1st programme aims at supporting the primary health care centre of Sinjar by building and equipping an operation theatre. A second phase (yet to be launched) consists in recruiting and managing a team to run the operation theatre.
The 2nd programme aims at building the Sinjar French Medical Institute (a modular hospital). The SFMI will provide health care to men, women and children of all ages. It includes a mother and child unit, and will also be designed to include outpatient consultations, medical imaging, a laboratory, a pharmacy as well as the hospital's first logistics and energy premises.
All programmes are supported by the Iraqi Ministry of Health (MOH) and the French Government through its Centre of Crisis and Support (CDCS). The SFMI programme is also supported by the Madad Fund of the European Union for the equipment.
General scope of the position:
The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the conception and the coordination of medical programs related to the Operating room at Sinjar Primary Health Care Centre and subsequently at the First Unit. His role is to define and implement the medical strategy. He is responsible for the planning and coordination of all activities and resources related to the medical program. He is also responsible for communication with various partners and participates in the strengthening of their capacities. He reports to the Country Coordinator and the CDE head office team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Implementation and monitoring of medical programs
- Definition and development of medical programs in line with LCDE policy and with the characteristics of the Sinjar project.
- Monitoring and analysis of the medical context on site, elaboration of summary notes with national and local epidemiological data.
- Supervision and monitoring of the medical programs, in coherence with the other components of the Sinjar Project, in particular the infrastructure and equipment part.
- Role of medical and technical advisor to local partners, the local team and the head office team.
- Participates in the compilation of specific and global data, their analysis and the various monthly and annual reports.
- Conception of monitoring tools to facilitate reporting. And monitoring of programs with the creation of a dashboard.
- Participates in the application of good practices in the field of hygiene and sterilization and infection control.
- Participates in the control of the proper functioning of the equipment.
- Being responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the medical technical aspects, humanitarian needs and in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, the material aspects of the program through regular field visits, analysing difficulties during the implementation and reporting deviations as they appear, in order to proactively provide the necessary solutions and achieve operational results.
- In close collaboration with the HR- Finance manager, participating in the planning, definition and sizing of the health-workforce in the mission and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, validation of future medical staff, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication). Coaching and directly supporting project coordinators and medical teams in the implementation of future medical activities.
2. Coordination and support in team management
- Provides technical support for the organization of trainings.
- Provides expertise to local partners in the management of medical, paramedical and technical teams.
- Assists in the evaluation of teams and employee skills.
- Helps to set up management tools.
3. Communication on medical programs
- Coordination with other LCDE departments to provide important elements for internal and external communication.
- Representing LCDE at the local level and communicating positively about medical programs.
- Participate in health meetings with local partners and write statements of findings to facilitate internal and external communication.
Physician or surgeon.
An additional qualification in public health would be important.
2-3 years of work experience at an international NGO in Iraq in a comparable logistic and security position is preferred.
Arabic, Kurdish, English, and French is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and representational skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Training and management skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with MS Office Suite required.
Duration of contract: 7 months with possibility for renewal.
Remuneration: According to the profile, approx. 2200 $ net / month.
How to apply:
Applications comprising a cover letter and a CV with at least two references should be addressed to LCDE recruitment team with the subject “Recruitment LCDE – Medical Coordinator”, by email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline for application: 12/07/2020Postulez