- To give disadvantaged children from an isolated region access to quality education
- To perpetuate their education
- To improve their health
The programme, “Haiti – Destination School” is run in partnership with the Fondation Paradis des Indiens, which built around a dozen primary schools to give all children of the Abricots commune, an extensive territory, access to education. Quality education is one of the values of this strong network of establishments. This support was developed to profit the 2,500 pupils at these institutions of primary education.
- Annual distribution of school supplies (notebooks, pencils, chalk, etc.) and books to 10 schools, allowing destitute children attending these schools to work under the best possible conditions.
- Operational support of the school in Abricots village.
This primary school with 8 classes welcomes more than 350 children from nursery to year 5. Responsibility of operations consists principally of continuous teacher training, a key factor in guaranteeing a quality education. Operations also include contributing to the maintenance of school buildings and furniture, among other things.
- Daily distribution of a snack to children in the Abricots village school to improve their health.
- Renovation and development of schools in great need.
Five schools built in the mountains surrounding Abricots village were at the heart of a rehabilitation and expansion project due to the poor state of the buildings and insufficiency of classrooms. The renovations and furniture provided (tables, benches, board, shelves, etc.) improved the conditions for pupils and permitted these establishments to guarantee complete primary education thanks to new classrooms.